Eurotas 2016 & The Romanian Association for Psychological Knowledge and Intervention Webdesign GS
We are happy that you have chosen to volunteer your time to help make this a successful Conference. YOUR participation is critical to this event, so please carefully read the following Volunteer Guidelines and refer to them often.
Volunteers are required to comply with the Conference Volunteer Guidelines as outlined below. Those who do not comply will be asked to relinquish their conference name badge and volunteer identification and will not be permitted to continue attending this Convention without paying the appropriate registration fee.
You must attend the mandatory training on Tuesday 09/20/2016 or Wednesday, 09/21/2016 (location will be announced in July 2016). Please plan your travel to accommodate one of the above dates. If you do not attend training you will not be allowed to participate in the Volunteer Program necessitating the payment of the registration fee (no exceptions to this requirement)
1. All applicants must be at least 18 (21 in particular countries) years of age to participate in the program. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
2. Some volunteer positions require 6:30 am start times.
3. Some volunteer shifts are 10 hours in length.
4. Some volunteer positions require working on the weekend.
5. Most volunteer positions require long hours of standing.
6. Most volunteer positions require the ability to communicate verbally with Conference
7. Most volunteer positions require the ability to listen effectively to Convention attendees to answer their questions.
8. You must check-in and out with the Volunteer Check-In desk located in the Registration. Any "no-shows" will affect your participation in the Volunteer Program and your ability to volunteer at future conferences.
9. You must be on time and stay at your post for the entire time assigned, unless reassigned by the Volunteer Coordinator or EUROTAS staff you are assigned to assist.
10. You are requested to dress in a professional manner for this Convention. Business casual is acceptable. If appearance is deemed inappropriate, you may be asked to leave your assignment for the day. EUROTAS. As such, you are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. Be respectful and helpful during your shifts. It is very beneficial to you to become knowledgeable on various aspects of the convention such as event locations, layout of convention center, general event information, and program details.
11. As a volunteer, you represent ARCIP and the EUROTAS. As such, you are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. Be respectful and helpful during your shifts. It is very beneficial to you to become knowledgeable on various aspects of the conference such as event locations, layout of conference center, general event information, and program details.
12. Regardless of your assignment, you are asked to act as a host and assist attendees in any way possible throughout the Conference.
13. If a conference attendee raises any questions or problems that you are unable or uncomfortable handling, you should ask the person to accompany you to the EUROTAS staff at your post for resolution of the matter.
14. In the event that another assignment for a following day(s) cannot be made and the volunteer time requirements cannot be met, you may be asked to relinquish your badge and volunteer identification necessitating the payment of the registration fee if you wish to continue attending the Conference.
15. Volunteers must be able to cover their own transportation to and from the Conference and their daily meal expenses (on complimentary days). Volunteers must be able to cover their own lodging during the Conference.
16. Breakfast/Lunch -You are eligible for a breakfast and lunch in the staff mess on your volunteer days. You are required to wear your badge and volunteer shirt when entering into the staff mess. You will be denied access if the above items are not worn appropriately.
Volunteer Task Descriptions
More detailed information regarding your assignments will be provided during the mandatory orientation, which will take place before the conference opens.
Examples of possible assignments during the Conference include the following:
1. Room Monitors - Assigned to one room that hosts one particular session. Assist the conference attendees and speakers, facilitate getting the sessions started by seating attendees, distribute and collect surveys, etc.
2. Keynote Luncheon - Facilitate seating attendees as quickly as possible and provide direction for open seating, placing sponsor literature on tables and chairs, etc.
3. Exhibitor Survey - Survey exhibitors on their conference experience related to the exhibition hall and activities.
4. Item Donations - Assist with directing exhibitors to donation bins
5. International Program - Provide full-time support in the International Lounge by being on-hand to monitor the meeting rooms, take meeting room reservations, and maintain the general appearance of the Lounge.
6. Floater - Assist conference staff as needed.
For more information about the EUROTAS: LOVE THE ETERNAL MIRACLE Volunteer Program, please contact us.